Paul Extance - Director
Paul qualified as a Chartered Accountant and has 30 years’ experience as a Financial Controller and Finance Director. He has worked for blue-chip international companies and for SMEs and start-ups. Paul’s experience includes:
- Interim / part-time Finance Director for several small business; both SMEs and subsidiaries of larger groups.
- Part-time Finance Director for technology start-ups transitioning from R&D stage to product and service delivery and scale-up phase
- Interim Finance Director turning around failing businesses and finance departments, then recruiting and training permenant FD / FC
- Finance Director for a European group of companies which he helped to grow from £40m to £140m sales, acquiring 4 manufacturing companies, setting up new distribution businesses and 2 joint ventures, and building low cost manufacturing facilities in Eastern Europe.
- Finance Director for Chubb Global Safes where he helped to manage the sale of the business to Gunnebo AB, and then managed the integration of Chubb Safes into Gunnebo.
- Group Financial Controller for 2 international groups, responsible for designing and managing their management information, budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning routines.
- Managing restructuring and turnaround projects, acquisitions and acquisition integration.
- Financial Controller for International Export Divisions and for Global Manufacturing Divisions (including manufacturing and sourcing in Asia).
- Managing grant funded projects.
Paul has worked in a wide range of industries including: manufacturing, distribution, contracting and installation, security, fire protection, technology, software, payments, data and professional services.
For examples of how Paul’s work has added value for businesses that he has worked with, visit our Case Studies page.
Services for companies
Part-time / Interim Finance Director
Business Plans, Budgets and Forecasts
Scaling Up – Organising for Growth
Managing Cashflow and Working Capital
Services for groups
We provide a range of services for smaller groups, or to support small subsidiaries within larger groups.
Acquisitions, Disposals and Restructuring
Buying a new business? Turning around a loss making one? Or time for an exit? We have the skills and experience you need.